23rd September 2013
NEW - Exclusively distributed by Prokit.
Opinion: "So gorgeously soft and bright, it is hard to believe such a compact source could deliver it"
The AREA-48 LED is HD-friendly, with a CRI of up to 97, and a soft output.
Illumination level is comparable to a 1K traditional soft light, and represents an exciting next-generation option in lighting technology for studio and location work. Think of this as "second generation" LED technology.
Manufactured by BB&S from Copenhagen, they have moved the phosphor away from the LED itself. This greatly improves colour rendering, consistency, and light output. The system’s colour rendering accuracy is up to 97 CRI. Remote phosphor panels are slid into place in front of the LED scintillator base technology. Choose a 5600K or 3200K panel to suit. Other colour temperatures are available including: 2700K, 4300K, and 6500K, or a chromakey green panel.
- Ultra High CRI, 95 CRI 2700k / 97 CRI 3200k / 95 CRI 4300k / 96 CRI 5600k / 95 CRI 6500k
- Extremely High Light Output
- Excellent Shadow Rendering
- 8 / 16 Bit, Flicker-Free Dimming from 0 - 100%
- Can be used for high speed video lighting
- Special Effects Strobing Mode
- Silent Operation (no fan)
- V-Mount or Gold Mount (AB) Battery options available
- Internal DMX 512 for remote control
- 4 Pin XLR for Power / Power + DMX
- Very Compact Versatile Unit
- Barndors for soft masking
- Low power consumption
- Extremely long LED life – 50,000 hours with 70% lumen maintenance
- Very little maintenance required over time
- No more heavy dimmer racks
- No more heavy cables
- Internal dimmer controlled by DMX 512
- Long filter life