21st March 2012
We at Prokit had a wonderful surprise when we opened the door this morning, our first batch of the eagerly awaited Canon 5D Mk3s!
We have been unable to have a proper play with it yet (that's what the weekend is for) but our first thoughts for the body?
Is it me, or is it lighter? It's you! Heavier by about 50g, improved ergonomics make the camera more comfortable in the hand making it feel lighter. Also there is finally a manual switch on the back for flipping between stills and video, so no more scrolling through umpteen menus when something catches your eye.
Below are some basic specs to remind you about the features of the MkIII and we'll have a full review next week.
- 22.3 megapixel full-frame sensor
- 61-point AF
- 6 fps continuous shooting
- ISO 100-25,600 sensitivity, expandable to ISO 102,400
- Full-HD video with manual control
- 14-bit DIGIC 5+ processor
- Weather sealing
- 8.11cm (3.2-inch) 1,040,000-dot screen
- HDR mode
- A full-frame DSLR capable of capturing 22-megapixel images at 6fps and Full-HD movies.
We have 5D bodies in stock and a demo unit for you to get your hands on. If you wish to order one click here.