Just announced: Canon’s new ME20F-SH with ISO four million
30th July 2015
Canon has announced the launch of a new ‘specialist’ video camera with the ability to capture full colour images in extremely low-light environments.
The ME20F-SH boasts a maximum ISO setting of four million (+75dB) plus a Full Frame 35mm with 2.26 MP CMOS sensor and a DIGIC DV4 processor.
The concept camera also includes Canon Log and Wide DR settings, which enable a wide dynamic range (800%).
According to the Japanese camera manufacturer, the ME20F-SH’s high-quality results across a variety of ambient lighting conditions gets rid of the need for supplemental lighting.
The concept camera employs Canon’s EF mount to allow users to take advantage of the company’s extensive lineup of interchangeable lenses.
Furthermore, the ME20F-SH offers a number of options with regard to connectivity for recording or remote viewing purposes. It is compatible with Canon’s RC-V1001 for full remote control over the camera.
- Ultra low-light performance at ISO 4 million
- High quality Full HD 1080p/1080i/720p output
- Flexible control with auto and custom settings
- Compatible with a wide range of EF lenses
- Remote control of camera settings and built-in ND and IR cut filters possible
- Small and lightweight for ease of integration