16th May 2014
Announcing our most comprehensive Masterclasses yet:
Lighting and Camera Filtration Masterclasses with Andy Bell and Carey Duffy.
- Tuesday 20th. May in our Chiswick showroom.
- Thursday 29th. May at Pinewood Studios.
Andy Bell is a broadcast cameraman bringing over 25 years of experience to the class, and has held previous Masterclass sessions on interview lighting that have been excellently received.
Carey Duffy also brings over 25 years of filter expertise, and both speakers will combine to create an engaging and inspirational Masterclass designed to get you prepared to light and shoot both indoor and outdoor situations.
To make it easier for you to attend we’ll be running the session twice: Once at the Prokit Showroom on Tuesday 20thMay and then again at the Tiffen Europe HQ at Pinewood Studios on Thursday 29th May. We’ll be splitting these days into two sessions:
The morning session will cover “interior lighting”, helping you learn how to light and filter inside (interviews for corporates and documentaries, for example). The session will involve:
- Three point lighting kits and set ups, as well as two light set ups.
- Camera filters ideal for interview use, such as Pro Mists and Glimmerglass.
- You will then be split into groups to put what you have learned into practice on live camera set ups!
The afternoon session will cover “exterior lighting”, helping you learn how to deal with the unpredictable and changeable conditions faced when shooting out in the open. The session will involve:
- Lighting outside: Battery powered heads and making the most of available light
- The effective use of filters and matte-boxes to control light coming into the camera, including use of ND filters, Graduated filters and more.
- You will then go outside (weather permitting!) to put your new knowledge into practice.
With expert guidance, hands-on experience and a focus on real-world situations, this Masterclass promises to be one of our most informative and invaluable sessions yet.
The Tuesday 20th May session will be held at the Prokit’s Chiswick Showroom and the Thursday 29th May session will take place at Tiffen Europe HQ at Pinewood Studios.
You can attend a single morning or afternoon session for £50 + vat, or book yourself onto a whole day for £75 + vat. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Click here to register you place!
We look forward to seeing you there.
IMPORTANT: We cannot offer on-site parking at Prokit on the day. Please use the Moran Hotel on the corner of Power Road and Chiswick High Road. They charge £3 per hour. Public transport options are Gunnersbury on the District and London Overground Lines (300 metre walk) or buses 391, H91, 237, 267, & 424.