13th November 2013
For the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR, a new firmware update has been announced – Version 1.2.3.
A few tiny bugs have been fixed. We thought you might like to know.
Firmware Version 1.2.3 for the EOS 5D Mark III incorporates the following:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the connected Speedlite may not occasionally fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF micro-adjustment value may accidentally change.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false colour along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
Firmware Version 1.2.3 is for EOS 5D Mark III cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.3, it is not necessary to update. To find out more and download the firmware please click here and enter your country and product details. Please read all of the instructions before downloading.