4th May 2012
- New: LCD Monitor Menu with Exposure Assist, Focus Assist and Flip Display features.
- Exposure Assist includes False Color and Zebra Stripes options and is activated using LCD + FILES buttons
- Focus Assist includes Peaking Filter and Edge Enhance algorithms. Activate Focus Assist using LCD + MENU buttons
- New: 1:1 Pixel Mapping Zoom function to further aid focusing of HD video. Activate using LCD + AUDIO.
- New: Image brightness, contrast, and chroma adjustments in LCD popup menu. Only affects signal on the LCD display of the PIX recorder.
- New: Support for Standard Definition recording and playback
- New: Ability to create and delete cue markers using the FILES button during recording or playback
- New: Locate to cue marker function using Rewind and Fast Forward keys
- New: Loop Play mode allowing looping from start to end of a clip or between consecutive cue markers
- New: Support for Analog + SDI/HDMI audio input combinations
In all a very impressive update.
You can find the update here: http://www.sounddevices.com/download/pix-firmware.htm and remember to follow the installation instructions to the letter.