18th October 2011
Exciting news everyone: Prokit are now an accredited dealer for the Panasonic camcorder range. Our favourite Panasonic products are already up on the site: you can see our selected AVCHD camcorders here and our P2 range here.
Panasonic make some great camcorders. They were one of the first companies to embrace ideas like file-based recording and variable framerates in low cost handheld units, paving the way for speedy workflows and increased shooting flexibility.
- Low cost camcorders using the MPEG4/AVCHD recording codec
- Bitrate of 24mbps onto economical SD-HC cards
- Ideal entry level camcorders
- Uses high quality P2 cards for recording: fast, reliable and trusted by broadcasters
- Capable of high data rates up to 100 megabits per second, making them ideal for broadcast
- DVPRO HD recording format: high quality and easily edited. In some camcorders the new and efficient AVC-Intra codec is also available
- Slow motion capabilities
We also have now on the site the Panasonic AF101 interchangeable lens camcorder. It uses a micro four thirds sized sensor and can take the Panasonic range of micro four thirds lenses: options with optics means increased creativity, and the larger than usual sensor means that a more cinematic depth of field is possible.
We’ll be keeping the upcoming HPX-250 camcorder in stock as soon as it is available, which is a P2 camcorder capable of DVCPRO HD and AVC-Intra recording.
The addition of Panasonic camcorders to our existing Sony and Canon lineup means greater choice for you: more cameras to choose from and more formats means we really can help you find a camcorder that suits your needs.