12th June 2013
The PMW-EX3 has an excellent reputation in broadcast as workhorse camcorders for ENG and general purpose television production. One feature it was missing though was a broadcast friendly bit-rate (50 mb/s), which is why many people used it alongside an external recorder like the Nanoflash. Its replacement, the PMW-300 is going to be launched in September 2013, offering all the great benefits of the EX3, plus more features such as 4:2:2 50Mbit recording and more.
Some of the main features include:
- 1/2 ” 3 CMOS Exmor™ Sensors
- Recording SD & HD 4:2:2/4:2:0 switchable
- XAVC ready
- 2 packages with interchangeable Fujinon Lens:
- -x14 Zoom; Focal Length 31.4 – 439 mm
- -x16 Zoom; Focal Length 31,5 – 503 mm
- 2 x SxS Card Slots (XDCAM File-based workflow)
- HD/SD SDI, HDMI, Genlock, TC in/out, Remote 700
More info and prices to follow, so watch this space!