16th April 2012
The rack-mounted PIX 260 is a file-based video recorder/player that seamlessly replaces tape-based video decks in production and post-production environments. Using the Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD codecs, the PIX 260 records and plays files up to 220 Mbps in high-quality 10-bit 4:2:2 video as well as 32 tracks of 48 kHz audio. Files from the PIX 260 are ready for direct import into Avid and Final Cut editing environments, eliminating time-consuming transferring and transcoding. Files can also play out of the PIX 260 for real time applications.
Up To 32 Tracks Of Audio
The PIX 260 has extensive audio connectivity. With up to 32 track record/playback capability, the PIX 260 accepts eight channels of line-level analog I/O, eight channels of AES digital, 16 channels of embedded SDI, 8 channels of HDMI, and 32 tracks of audio over Ethernet using Audinate's Dante.
- Based on the successful PIX 240 Production Recorder.
- File-based recording using Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD encoded files, up to 220 Mb/s.
- Up to 32 track audio recording over Ethernet.
- Simultaneous recording to up to four eSATA-connected drives.
- 5-inch, 800 x 480 pixel video display.
- Front panel drive access behind video display.
- 8 balanced, line-level analog inputs and outputs.
- 8 channels of AES digital audio I/O.
- Time code, genlock master generator.
- Can record and play up to 16 channels of embedded SDI audio.
- Can embed and de-embed audio from analog, AES digital, and Dante.
- External RS-422 control.
- Embedded web server for machine transport over ethernet-based networks.
- Up to 32 channel audio interconnection using Audinate Dante.
- Playback from FCP 7, FCP X, and Avid sessions.
- Built in hardware scaling and frame rate conversion.
- Convenient 1/2-rack, 2U chassis dimension.
- Powered by 10-27 VDC, 4-pin XLR, 30 watts.
Price and availability coming soon. Please contact Prokit for more info.